We Have Access!
The word “access” is found only three times in the N.T. (Rom. 5:1–2; Eph. 2:18, Eph. 3:12). These three passages teach us four things about access.
1. We have access into grace (Rom. 5:2) God’s throne is the throne of grace (Heb 4:16).
2. We have access unto the Father (Eph. 2:18). Though He is sovereign, we can still approach Him as a child does a father (Luke 11:11–13, Rom. 8:15).
3. We have access through Jesus Christ (I Tim. 2:5). The blood gives us boldness (Heb. 10:19).
4. We have access by our faith (Rom. 5:2; Eph 3:12). The essential ingredient is prayer (Heb. 10:22).
Walter L. Spratt, Galt, Missouri
Stephen Neill, The Supremacy of Jesus, p. 79-80.
• Stephen Neill, The Supremacy of Jesus, p. 79-80. Denial of access in Judaism, open access in Christ