In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Paul encourages us, “In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
In this upcoming New Year, we as Christians should be extremely thankful for the blessings that continually flow from God’s bountiful hand (Ephesians 1:3; James 1:17; cf. John 3:27).
The following are just some of the blessings this writer is thankful for:
- For the teenager who is washing the dishes and watching TV, because that means that he or she is at home and not on the streets.
- For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean up after a church luncheon, because it means that I have been surrounded by Christian friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in church that sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I am employed and capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive.
- For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
- And finally ….. for the God of Heaven who cares not only for me but for all mankind (Acts 17:24-28; Philippians 4:19; 2 Peter 3:9).
Lord, please abundantly bless each and every reader of this Bible article blog, and especially bless the people of Haiti in their time of need, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Let’s Be Thankful No Matter What!
- Thanksgiving And Thanks Living
- “…. And Be Ye Thankful”
- The Attitude Of Gratitude
- A Prayer of Thanks